Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Piano Man

Elias received a piano of sorts for babies for Christmas from his Uncle Matt. He loves it! I had it stored under the crib, but had to take it out because he was crawling under the crib for his piano! So, now that it is out/set up on his bedroom floor, he can crawl over to it, and indicate that he would like to play without getting himself stuck under furniture.

Here's what we do. He indicates that he would like to practice piano by scooching over to the piano and chewing on the side or just touching it. I place him sitting upright in front of the piano in the boppy (good practice for sitting), and then he bangs like Beethoven on the keys until he either falls over or I have to intervene because he is getting a little out of control. As he plays, I gently hum the lyrics of Billy Joel "Sing us a song, you're the piano man...sing us a song tonight...we're all in the mood for a melody...and you've got us feeling alright!!" Ahhh, the fun we have.

I am actually feeling so much happier and relaxed now that I have put in my notice at work. Much more fun of a mommy for my little bug!

Oh, one more thing he does, blow bubbles. He started a week or so ago. he goes "bbbbbbbbbbb..." and out come the bubbles! Today, he started doing a grunt/whine to let me know when he wasn't pleased with my choice of activity. He also used the grunt/whine to express displeasure with the feeling of his second tooth coming through. It is very close, therefore, at bedtime, he gets his teething "cocktail" of baby tylenol, simethicone drops for teething gas, and a little homeopathic teething oil on the gums. We're good to go!

1 comment:

Pevil said...

wait until he wants to learn how to play drums! YAY!