Sunday, May 01, 2005

ALWAYS knock on wood.

The other day, our friends Duane and Jim came over for dinner. I casually mentioned to Duane that Elias is just the best baby, no issues whatsoever, and that he sleeps brilliantly, aside from waking up seeral times at night, he usually goes to bed with ease, he takes two long naps each day and he never wants to "wake up" in the middle of the night for play. I vow never to say anything like this again because no sooner did I mention this, then it all fell apart! Sleep is in total disarray since I said that. Ugh.

This goofed up sleep schedule has left Mr. Elias feeling quite sensitive during the day. He's up and down like the "Blue Streak" at Cedar Point. And, his cries, which I think I might have mentioned in an earlier blog, are reminescent to a Teredactyl, seriously prehistoric. Poor guy. I'm thinking all of this change is leading up to something big, like a kanine tooth or free standing or recital of our national anthem. Who knows?

Lately, in watching Elias "on the move," I have come to imagine his future potential. For example, he quite enjoys blowing and yelling/talking into his plastic bead, which creates a neat echo. I recently purchased him a stretch plastic tube that makes a whistling sound if spun around above the head (my best description). He likes to talk/sing/yell through it as well and gets a real kick out of me doing it back to him. So, maybe his calling will be more within the wind instruments than in strings...

Elias also takes great delight in going through his book basket and sampling the books, usually with his mouth. Who am I kidding? Everything still makes it to the mouth. In fact, the other day, when I went to take Elias out of his car seat, he had the address tag from the airlines from our recent trip to Ohio half devoured in his little mouth. I had to dig out the paper bits from his mouth! He wasn't very happy about that, neither was I.

Elias does get extremely excited by his bath, he squeals and squeals and tries to lift his little legs into the tub. We have a tub seat, handed down and passed along to us from Jennifer and he enjoys it! Maybe he'll lead deep sea expeditions!

One definite change noticed lately is that when 5:30PM rolls around and he hears the front door open and close, he knows his Daddy is home and he is sooo excited to greet him with a big smile and some arm flapping!

So much is happening these days, it's hard to remember it all by the time I have some time for writing. He is really growing fast, that's without a doubt!

1 comment:

Pevil said...

C-U-T-E cute!