Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Eight teeth and other thoughts

Elias has eight teeth, four on top four on bottom. how balanced he must feel! I've been feeling more and more lately our relationship with one another really starting to blossom! I know him which might sound weird because he's been with me ever since he took his second breath and I guess well before that too. Our relationship is starting to become more real, more balanced, too, I guess, not unlike his teeth. I love him so passionately sometimes I fear I'll crack my teeth gritting with love!! He is so good and sweet and truly is the center of my world... I'm glad for that! It's about time someone else held that post!

The weather has been fantastic and we have started this week taking lots of walks. I think tomorrow we may play with Charolette in her little baby pool. I love that he is developing regular playmates. I will enjoy watching them grow into friendships. Elias played with Gus today...they were suprisingly gentle with one another. Sattie, Gus's momma, made a very interesting point about babies and the whole concept of sharing. That the baby just sort of thinks, for the most part, "No problem if that other baby takes my toy. I'll just grab is back!" It's just so simple and balanced in alot of ways. I wonder when it all changed? How nice it would be to be able to just act on an emotion, feeling or desire, without being caught up with how this affects someone else. Clearly, I'm talking about "good intentions," nothing evil or malicious. Maybe I'll start practicing this with Brad, when he's drinking a cup of tea or eating a chocolate bar, just nabbing it for myself!!! He could always take it back if he really wanted to. Is that evil?

Friday we are leaving Elias with Duane and Jim and going to see the Pixies. We are seeing B-sides, which I was pleasantly suprised I am familiar with thanks to ptownpoolboy P-Lohr who has over the years, helped to up my cool factor by exposing me to good tunes. Thanks P! We love ya over here. Anyway, leaving Elias, part of me wants to have a real night out but the other part says race to the show, in and out and home by 9PM. I'll miss him, I think. I know...

1 comment:

Pevil said...

The Pixies will rock your world! What a sweet post about such a sweet boy. See you 4th of July weekend!