Thursday, June 02, 2005

Elias:strong brain and body

I've been watching Elias use his brain power and physical might lately. For example, he can pull his playyard all around the dining room. It looks pretty impressive! He has been toying with the idea of standing, recently, and has stood freely several times for several seconds! The latest time, we were at the pool in the water! I was like "What are you doing?!@#$#!!?"

But, where his body is growing, so is his brain by tenfold. I recently added a flip the flaps book to his nightitme reading collection and Brad told me the other day that Elias can flip the flaps. So, sure enough, I watched him reading the other night and he can! I never imagined he'd be interaction with books already this way!

Yesterday, we played on the floor in the living room for a long time. Elias was mastering dropping the ball into this hole on this musical light up toy. He's good at it! And, when it falls into the hole, he looks down sideways and tries to reach in through the top to get that darn ball that he knows is inside.

Elias is also very curious about his tongue and the tongues of others these days. He sticks his tongue out and laughs at the sight of other tongues. He grabs his tongue and really laughs when he puts his hands in my mouth and I surprise him with my togue on his fingers.

There are many other things a-happening with this little boy.

No comments: