Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Eli discovers his toes!

As of yesterday, Elias officially demonstrated knowledge of the existence of his little toes! He grabbed his right foot with both hands and pulled his toes up to his mouth! Those slippery things slid out of his hands, however, but he was persistent. At the end of the day, though, he hadn't actually ended up with his toes inside of his mouth, but close, very close! His little discoveries are just so cool.

He is really becoming a distinct little person, too. I've been feeling like we have more of a mutual relationship these days. He is communicating with me all of the time and I am really getting better at reading his little signals. Like when he's hungry, or tired of playing, or just plain "in need" of me. He likes to watch me wash my hands from the bathroom floor. He also enjoys doorknobs and is very exicted by any one of our three cats. He likes to have his name spelled to him, and his doesn't mind having his diaper changed as long as I inquire in an animated fashion whether I will find "poo or pee?" He prefers to nap with me, which can extend a good two hours, where without me, we're lucky to get 45 minutes to an hour. And, sometimes, when he is eating, he will break away from the breast to look up at me, study my face and then give me a big smile before returning to his meal. Elias is just amazing, he really is. I love him so much, it hurts.

And, he also almost rolled to the right. He appears to be a left roller, so far. But, he's close to the right, I'll tell ya.

And, I can literally see his hair growing right from his head. Crazy. I swear that today, when I came home from work, he looked bigger all around. They (babies) grow, that's what the do, I guess.

Elias celebrated his first Christmas 4 days ago. It was pretty mellow. His great grandma and grandpa came over and we had a hodge podge meal and opened presents. Elias seemed to really get a big kick out of quite a few of his toys, especially this counting catepillar thing that plays around 2 billion different songs. He sang and laughed right along with the crazy thing. Brad says he likes Bach and Beethoven tunes best. That's our boy!

No comments: