Wednesday, December 01, 2004

He really did it!

Ok, so back to Monday, Elias definitely rolled from back, to the right and onto his belly. He was like, "Now what?" once he conquered the feat. Does it count that he can only roll naked? My son loves to be naked. If he is crying and I can't seem to console him, last resort is striping down to his birthday suit, and he's like a pig in mud! Then, when it is time to get dressed again for leaving the house or bedtime purposes, he is not a force to be reasoned with. That's where the "binky" comes into play. I assure him gently, as I put the "bink" into his mouth that it will help help take the edge off of the re-dressing process. Am I creating an addict?? Anyway, back to the rolling. He was starting to look like he was considering trying out the other side yesterday, but no success yet. We'll see what we can do to encourage him. Perhaps a little nudity?

Yesterday, Elias barfed in my eye. We were doing the airplane trick, where he flies around above my head. I guess it was a long time coming, because we have had several near misses. He spewed out a big glob of coagulated milk right on my eye, a direct hit! It's funny how I don't mind getting barfed on, peed on or pooped on. To have any of those things happen is more surprising than gross. I don't mind. Is that true love or what?

2 comments:

Brad Williams said...

Actually I remember you complaining fiercely that time I peed on you.

Pevil said...

You never really liked it when I barfed on your tevas in Peace Corps. But then again, I didn't come out of your womb.