Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Eli takes care of mommy

Elias is asleep on the couch right now. We were going to go see the "Moms and Babies" movie at the Kennedy School today, but one thing lead to another and now he's sleeping on the couch. He's really helping me to slow down and recognize how much physical work it is to raise a little baby. Here's why: yesterday, when we returned from the doctor and I started my antibiotic, he laid down with me, no problem, and slept for 2.5 hours. Today, he started to get fussy just as I was about to get us ready to leave for the movie. He wouldn't eat sitting up, and when we laid down, fast asleep we both went. Me, only for 1 hour, he's still down for the count. I kinda think he, in his own very baby way, let me know that we needed to stay home and that I am still needing to get over my breast infection, which turns out to be pretty painful and sucky. This idea could totally be junk though, he might be coincidentally having a growth spurt just as I am recovering from my infection.

Amazing Mr. Eli is a rolling fool! Clothed, naked, back and forth, belly to back to belly, it's crazy! He's also lifting his chest and head very high once he rolls onto his belly. I bet he crawls in a month. That is totally nuts. Just 3.75 months ago, that little creature emerged from my body as helpless as they come. Now, he quickly on his way to independence! He can even make this little toy that hangs from his car seat sing now! That requires a hefty tug downwards, he's never been able to do it before, but the other day, when Brad was riding in the back seat with him, he yanked it down and made the toy sing! He can also chew, selectively, on the hard plastic part of his binky, which he really enjoys to sooth the ongoing pain in the teeth. I've been doing a little "T-E-E-T-H" cheer with him to encourage those darn things out. No luck so far. Anyway, I suppose he'll be off to college before I know it.

Eli has the greatest daddy. He really takes care of us when we are feeling bad and needing help. We love him alot!

1 comment:

Pevil said...

Hooray!