Friday, December 03, 2004

Eli's a big show off, now.

Today, Elias rolled so many times, I lost count! And, he rolled in his clothes, too! I'm secretly relieved he has decided to develop despite the burden of clothing. Could you image how worrisome it would be if he had to be naked before he would, say, take his first step, ride a bike, go to school?

Elias was very smiley today, at least in the morning. Perhaps his grinning describes how pleased he is with himself for waking me up so many times last night. But, seriously, I think the days of sleeping through the night are OVER. Poor guy, though. It's those damn teeth coming in! His mouth hurts like a "mo fo" as they would say back in the day. A lot of cruel things happen to little babies. Horrible gas, consistent barfing, explosive diarrhea every day, teething, and not to mention having an itch and being unable to coordinate the hands and arms to scratch it.
Oh, and here's another thing, not knowing how to cough up phlegm. Maybe that's more painful for me to hear thab for him, though. I'd take away all of the yuckiness if I could. Since I can't though, I guess I get to experience it vicariously. It gives me a lot of respect for the little guy.

Last night, before his first wake up call, Eli was really gum-smacking away on his thumb! It is so loud, it's no wonder he woke up! I'm so tickled by hand and thumb sucking. At least he's got something good going for him, even if it does wake him up at night!

1 comment:

Pevil said...

He's two really good things going for him...AMY AND BRAD!