Monday, January 17, 2005

Eli has a tooth!

After much painful, painstaking commitment to teething, it seems little Mr. Eli has finally pushed out a tiny nub! A sharp little nub in his bottom. We are hoping that it actually progresses to a "real" tooth capable of munching up chow. He's just 3 weeks and some change away from solid foods. I'm looking forward to how fun he will have, not looking forward to the change in poo, which I hear is quite frightful! I hope he's teeth will be ready, too!

I am looking forward to the end of teething. Elias has decided that he's on a sleep strike until the teething stops! A few nights ago, he woke up at 2:30am and was like, "Hey Mom! Let's play!" I love ya, kiddo, but I don't think so. After an hour of trying, I gave up and passed him off to Brad. He fell asleep in 30 minutes. Brad was so thoughtful, he assured me that I had worn him down. Sometimes I wonder if I got the skill to calm him beyond the boob trick, which only works when he's hungry or really in need of nurturing. Not when he wants to play.

Elias met Grandma Lynn and Grandpa Ed a week ago. They had a ball. Really hit it off. Elias is becoming a little social butterfly. It surprises me. But, Grandma Lynn has earned the title Baby Whisperer. She could put Elias down in several sways and some back effulage. Amazing. I studied her technique and tried to apply it with little success. To Elias, Mommy's arms mean serious squirm time! That's okay. I've still got the boob! I'll always have that!

1 comment:

Pevil said...

Grandma's have a way with those littles!